As part of my personalised healthcare approach, I offer a number of services to support you in returning to good health.
Individual Functional Nutrition Consultations
As a nutritionist, my aim is to form a therapeutic partnership with you. We will work together to understand the underlying factors that are contributing to your symptoms, and I will coach you in making sustainable changes with your diet and lifestyle to improve your symptom picture. Through a Functional Nutrition approach we will work on improving the internal environment in which your current symptoms exist, which in turn can improve your health outlook.
To learn more about the consultation process, click here.
FITGENES Personalised Health & Wellbeing Profile
FITGENES genetic profiles are based on the science of Nutrigenomics and how our genes are influenced by our nutrition, exercise and lifestyle. Scientific evidence tells us that the functioning of our genes is not static, but in fact they are responsive to choices we make, which impacts on how effectively they ‘express’ themselves. Gene expression is the term we use to explain how well a gene is carrying out their prescribed bodily functions.
Based on a non-invasive saliva sample, which will be sent away and analysed, we get a personalised genetic profile that we can use to take a holistic approach to addressing certain facets of your genetic profile. Understanding your genetic predispositions for certain bodily functions I can provide nutritional support that will benefit you the most, including the choice of foods to consume and the type of exercise that will have a positive effect. This eliminates the guesswork around personalising a treatment plan based on your own genetic profile.
A FITGENES health and wellbeing profile can be especially beneficial for those wanting to address area such as:
- Pain and inflammation
- Healthy ageing
- Cardiovascular concerns
- Low energy and vitality
- Blood pressure dysregulation
- Fat metabolism and cholesterol regulation
- Methylation and homocysteine metabolism
In addition to the general health and well-being profile FITGENES also offer:
- The Foodchoice Panel which provides important insights into the possibility of Celiac Disease, alcohol intolerance, lactose intolerance, salt metabolism issues and caffeine sensitivity, all based on the ability your genes to process certain compounds.
- The Vitamin D Panel is aimed to identify the nutrigenomic and lifestyle areas which can be modified to impact/mitigate the expression of the genes that determine vitamin D levels and status in the body.
- The CarbChoice Panel evaluates how your body processes starchy carbohydrates in order to support healthy weight management and fitness levels.
- The Immunity Panel is a new test coming soon that will provide important genetic clues about immune resilience, and what can be done to improve gene expression in immune health related genes.
For more information on FITGENES and to learn how a genetic profile can support your health goals, check out their website here.
Or to learn more, click the button below:
Metabolic Balance® is the original and all-natural metabolism re-balancing program from Europe. It’s science-based and uses computerised nutritional analysis to help clients regain vibrant health and weight loss.
The premise behind the program is that by giving a person the correct healthy nutrients, they are able to return to their ideal balance of hormones and enzymes, which in turn will enable a healthy and balanced metabolism. The nutritional analysis will select natural foods that match a person’s individual body chemistry, which along with practitioner guidance and support, will ensure optimal well-being.
Food Biocompatibility Testing
Food Biocompatibility Testing is a simple, non-invasive test that requires a small sample of hair to identity the influence, either positive or negative, of a wide range of foods and household products on cellular function. This test is a safe, accurate way to determine which foods and products should be avoided and which should be consumed or used to enhance health and well-being.