Phase 4 is all about maintaining the wins you have enjoyed over the course of your Metabolic Balance® journey. This is where you take all the learnings and move forward supporting yourself with healthy food choices on a daily basis.
You no longer need to adhere to the strict food list. But you will be avoiding processed foods and previous bad eating habits. You will know how best to feed yourself to feel amazing. You now know how to make great choices! Through adjustments in Phase 3, you will now have plenty of diversity in your diet. This will be important for a healthy microbiome.
By now you should be able to rely once again on your body to maintain your metabolism. You can also rely on your body’s internal cues and be able to sense for yourself what foods to eat and when.
Metabolic Balance® is not a short term diet, its a long term lifestyle change!
Here are the new rules for Phase 4
- Stick you the Metabolic Balance ‘rules’ in general wherever possible.
- Enjoy an 80:20 lifestyle. 80% of the time follow the rules, and 20% of the time have fun and enjoy the freedom that comes from enjoying a great quality of life.
- Remember any food intolerances. Eating foods you react to will increase inflammation and weight regain. Through the trial and error Phase you will have learnt which foods don’t serve you well.
- Keep widening your food list to enjoy as many whole foods as possible and remember to limit processed foods.
- Water, water, water….always remember to drink enough water.
- Get into a good exercise/movement regime.
- Remember to practice good lifestyle habits!
- Lets check in every 4 – 6 months. I’m here to keep supporting you through your health and well-being journey.
Doing a reset along the way
Many Metabolic Balance client like to do a reset once or twice a year to help them feel amazing. This can be helpful after a holiday or the festive season to get back on track.
If its been over 6 months since you started your program, or since the last time you did the Phase 1 colon cleanse, you can do this again and then go into Phase 2 for a few weeks. Please don’t do the colon cleanse more often than 6 monthly.
Some clients like to do a liver cleanse, or a heavy metal detox followed by 2 weeks on Phase 2 to get back on track. You are welcome to give me a call and we can chat about how to do this.
Some clients like to set a personal alarm weight
I never like to see people become obsessive about weight gain, but for some, this is a great way to enjoy phase 4, but to also know when its time for a reset.
To calculate you personal alarm weight multiply your idea weight by 1.05. If you get to this weight, then take time to consider how you are going with the rules, and whether a few weeks on Phase 2 with the stricter rules will help you get back on track.
Remember weight fluctuations happen. It’s not uncommon for us to fluctuate within 1 to 2 kgs (for women) and 2-4 kg (for men) just over a weekend. If things settle down again over the next few days, relax, its probably that you have ‘enjoyed’ yourself a little too much and by getting back to normal eating during the week, things will go back to normal.